FCFSC Code Of Conduct
Fort Collins Figure Skating Club
FCFSC Code Of Conduct
Fort Collins Figure Skating Club is committed to creating a safe and positive environment for members’ physical, emotional and social development and ensuring that it promotes an environment free of misconduct.
The essential elements of character-building and ethics in sports are embodied in the concept of sportsmanship and six core principles: respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, trustworthiness and good citizenship.
Violations Of Code Of Conduct
Violations And The Manner In Which They Will Be Dealt With:
Violations of any tenets will be addressed at the time they occur depending upon the seriousness of the offense by a member of the club board of directors following the procedures outlined in the conflict resolution or grievance process.
Club member will be addressed verbally (in private) regarding the violation.
If there is a second violation, the member will be removed from the activity and given a written warning. A face-to-face meeting with the member and/or the parent of the member or legal guardian may be in order.
If the member continually violates any tenet of the code of conduct, repeat offenses will be taken very seriously by the club board of directors. Discipline may include loss of club privileges for extended periods, and/or revocation of club membership.
How To File A Complaint For A Code Of Conduct Violation:
Members of the FCFSC in good standing can file a grievance against another member provided that:
- All grievances are submitted by the online form below. No verbal complaint or complaint based on rumor or innuendo will be considered by the Board of Directors.
- All required information on the form is filled out completely. If the form is incomplete in any of the required elements it will not be considered by the Board of Directors.
- The complaint must be received within 30 days of the alleged incident in order to be considered by the Board of Directors (extenuating circumstances in this time constraint may be considered).
Outcome of complaint filing:
- If the complaint meets the criteria to be considered by the Board of Directors, the accuser will receive a written response describing the course of action from the Board within 15 days of the receipt of the form.
- The Board will determine the course of action to be taken to resolve the issue. This may include a meeting either with both parties or individually as the situation warrants.
- The outcome, if deemed that the violation occurred, will follow the guidelines set in the “Violations of the Code of Conduct”.
- If the infraction is a SafeSport violation and not a Code of Conduct Violation, please contact the SafeSport officer directly or the proper authorities as the situation warrants. This form is for Code of Conduct Violations only.